Hey and thanks for stopping by!
I’m Dana, creator of Beauty In Color! I started Beauty In Color in 2018 as an opportunity to express my thoughts on my favorite products, try out new skincare routines and items, while also allowing me to educate readers and answer questions about beauty in an impactful and authentic way.
THERE’S NO OTHER WAY TO DESCRIBE IT… I AM A SKINCARE ENTHUSIAST!
When I travel, I pack a separate bag just for skincare. And I can watch YouTube skincare tutorials and hauls for hours.
To me, performing my skincare regimen is an act of self-care. It’s a part of my routine that makes me feel comfortable and beautiful in my skin. And it’s not about achieving an unrealistic standard; it’s instead about being the best version of myself. I love my skincare routines because they make me feel comfortable going makeup-free. I love testing products and feeling like pure bliss when they work. Plus, my skincare products always fit… unlike the skinny jeans that have failed me many times in the past.
My favorite beauty store is Sephora. I can get lost for hours sampling and requesting products to take home. From foundation to face masks, I love being able to try the product at home, use it in my routine, see it in my lighting, and feel confident when I choose to return to purchase it. I also look forward to the free beauty classes because there’s only so much you can learn by watching YouTube videos.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This blog will provide in-depth reviews on beauty products, offer skincare tips, and routines, and give the “101” on ingredients. While the focus will be on skincare, the blog will also include reviews on makeup, hair care, niche fragrances, and some self care.
And because there’s no beauty without culture, we’ll also feature insights from women and men (predominately with melanin skin) on their beauty secrets.
HERE’S SOME BASIC INFO TO KNOW:
- Being a skincare enthusiast doesn’t have to break the bank, and it doesn’t have to pressure you to have the latest “thing.” I am conscious of the cost of skincare, so I will generally provide retail prices on any product I review.
- I’m always going to keep it real with you all about any affiliate links, PR gifts, and sponsored content. I want you all to trust me, so I will ALWAYS be honest in my reviews. If that gets me removed from a PR list…oh well! I’ve been buying my own beauty products my whole life, so I’m okay with that.
- I love feedback, so I encourage you to post your own opinions. However, conclusions based on ignorance, hatred, or bigotry will be deleted, because frankly, this is meant to be a safe space.
I’m passionate about the growth of Beauty In Color, and I am humbled by all the opportunities I’ve been afforded due to this space and the support of my fantastic readers.
Stay around awhile. And while you’re at it, subscribe to never miss a post!
Stay up to date with me and follow my Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Bloglovin!
STILL WANT TO KNOW MORE?
- Head over here if you want to work together.
- And for all other inquiries, please feel free to drop me an email at [email protected] or fill out the form on the Contact page.